With more states in the U.S. legalizing marijuana to varying levels, the drug is entering the mainstream. Naturally, that’s left a lot of investors wondering: How can I make money investing in marijuana?
In this episode of The Motley Fool’s Industry Focus: Healthcare, analyst Kristine Harjes and Motley Fool contributor Todd Campbell discuss:
- The difference between the popular cannabinoids CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).
- Marijuana’s medical applications for cancer and epilepsy treatments.
- Why states like Colorado are eying this market and seeing a big tax opportunity.
- How countries like Uruguay and Canada are at the forefront of legalized recreational and medicinal efforts.
- The pureplay marijuana stocks, including: Canopy Growth (NYSE:CGC), Aurora Cannabis, and Aphria.
- The biotech companies that have exposure to marijuana, including GW Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GWPH) and INSYS Therapeutics (NASDAQ: INSY).
- The sneaky ways to invest in marijuana, like Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) and Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ).
A full transcript follows the video.